Way Out Activities
COVID UPDATE: Face to face groups/services may be running with limitations. Contact the group organiser/service provider to find out what options are available.
WayOut promotes the rights, mental health and wellbeing of same sex attracted, intersex, bisexual, transgender and gender diverse (LGBTIQA+) young people and families in rural Victoria, predominantly in the Macedon Ranges.
• House of Awesome – Fortnightly, face to face or online
• PERK (Parents Empowering Rainbow Kids) – Quarterly face to face parent network
• Pride Crews – Face to face LGBTIQA+ groups in secondary schools in Macedon Ranges
• Secondary consults for co-workers, partner organisations, teachers, families and caregivers - phone/online
• Support and referral – for LGBTIQA+ young people (online/phone). Self referrals welcome.
WayOut supports a fortnightly Pride Crew for LGBTIQ+ students and allies at both Kyneton Secondary College (Mondays) and Gisborne Secondary College (Tuesdays) during lunch hour. The Pride Crew organises and delivers school based activities and events to celebrate and promote the inclusion, mental health and wellbeing of LGBTIQ+ secondary school students. WayOut provides information and support to other schools wanting to create LGBTIQA+ social support groups.
Kyneton, Sunbury and Woodend